What is the NDIS?
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme is also called the NDIS.
- The NDIS is a new way for people with disability to get the care and supports they need to live a better life.
- The NDIS recognises that everyone is different and gives people with disability choice and flexibility.
- This means you can choose who provides that support.
- For example, you may not be happy with the service provider you use. The NDIS will make it easier for you to change service providers and make sure you are getting the support you need.
- If you are happy with the support you are getting, there is no reason to change. The NDIS will not take that help away.
- If you are not eligible for the NDIS you will not be disadvantaged. People who already receive support will continue to receive support.